Being 19 years old, im part of a generation that views boredom as if it were a death sentence. As we scanned through all the television channels. We complained there was nothing on all day. Which of course changed nothing. Maybe in the back of our minds we hoped the television networks would miraculously change their entire scheduled line up. Sitting in front of us was a Wii, which, we ruled out because it was too boring. Even my smart-phone. Capable of doing thousands of different objectives. I looked at and shrugged. To myself I said it was just too boring. Is it sad myself and others from my generation think this way? Absolutely. Honestly it takes a lot to truly please me. Which the same can be said for all of my friends. We view the in black and white. Not the colorful vision hippies had throughout the 60’s and 70’s. Is there anyway to correct our vision of the world? Its possible but would require one signifying moment in history to pull us alk together as one.
The “Man Cave” is viewed as the epitome of manhood. Nothing brings more pride, other than family, to a man’s heart than having an amazing Man Cave. Ever since we lived within caves ourselves those many years ago, men have felt a liking for caves. Whether it be the beautiful cave every women has genetically…I will pause until you understand what I mean…Or having a place of our own dubbed the Man Cave. What does it take to have the ultimate Cave? Well little details can vary but the meat and potatoes of the Cave should all be the same.
- An awesome HDTV! How do you expect to have a Cave without the main ingredient? The TV is what pulls the room together, ideally it should be placed in the center of the room. And yes, the bigger the better. In today’s world it’s so easy to get a great sized HDTV that you have no excuse not to have one. Only real men have bad-ass HDTV’s!
- Videos Games Man! Men love video games and I hope you’ve got some in your Cave. Whether it be the 360, PS3, or the Wii. I don’t care what it is as long as you’ve got some bad-ass games to play in HD on that bad-ass TV!
- Surround Sound. Ideally you’ll want a 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound system for extreme bass and treble in everything you hear. Your ears should be having an orgasm at least 3 times an hour.
- Comfortable seating. You know those awful seats at the move-theater? Well you don’t want that crap in your Cave! Make sure you’ve got something to keep you comfortable for up to hours on end boy!
- Lastly, a computer! The Man Cave has evolved drastically in the past five years so I expect you to adapt yours for the future. With the ability to now sync our computers with our game consoles and HDTV’s. A great computer is almost as important as the TV itself. As well, you can look up all the “content” you want with a quick Google search if you get what I mean.
- The final point is optional, but it is a dream to have in any Man Cave. The legendary Mini-Fridge. With the ability to house your refreshments, or subs, you no longer need to worry about missing anything important on the big screen.
If your Man Cave consists of everything on this list, then you sir, are a legend. I respect the ultimate room you have established and congratulate your amazing feat that many men aspire to achieve one-day.